How to Choose A Large Walk Behind Lawn Mower Attachments?
A good mower is equipped with blades that can be adjusted to change the height of the cut and thus achieve a walk behind lawn mower attachments includes its specific length for each type of lawn.
This eminently functional characteristic also allows the height to be alternated in different areas of the same meadow, achieving finishes of high aesthetic value.
A walk behind lawn mower attachments consists of:
- Handlebar: Corresponds to the handle of the mower. An adjustable one with foam will make the task of cutting easier, by reducing vibrations in the arms. Some lawn mowers attachments may have folding handlebars, offering greater comfort of use and taking up less space.
- Chassis: It can be made of polypropylene, aluminum, or steel. The latter are more resistant to impacts. If the chassis has a front handle, it favors the handling of the machine.
- Wheels: With bearings to facilitate movement.
- Collectors: Bags or sacks to contain waste.
- Scissors: They are a set of helical scissors, driven by a motor when there is electrical energy or combustion. They can be adjustable in the case of power cutters.
A walk behind lawn mower attachments varies according to its working power, which determines its energy consumption and production efficiency. In the case of manuals, the mechanical effort must be made by the user. Electric or combustion machines offer greater performance in terms of power and speed of work.
Power: N / A (Does not apply)
Cutting capacity: Average of 30 to 34 cm (centimeters).
RPM: N / A (Does not apply)
Weight: Average of 9 kilos (kilos).
Power: Average, 1,000 to 1,800 W (watts).
Cutting capacity: Average 38 to 48 (centimeters).
RPM: Average between 3000 and 10000.
Weight: Average from 9 to 29 kg (kilos).
Power: Average, 98 to 190 cc (cubic centimeters).
Cutting capacity: Average 53 cm (centimeters).
RPM: Average from 2,000 to 3,600.
Weight: Average of 24 to 43 kg (kilos).
TYPES OF LAWN MOWER
They are the most basic models, they do not have any kind of engine and all the propelling effort is made by the operator. They are ideal for flat terrain on surfaces smaller than 150 m2. The cutting width will vary between 30 and 34 cm.
This mower incorporates an electric motor, which greatly alleviates the effort deployed. They can easily tackle surfaces between 150 and 500 m2. The cutting width will vary between 34 and 36 cm. If you do not have a nearby outlet, it will be necessary to use a battery powered. trimmer.
These are the lawn mower attachments that work with a combustion engine, which gives them great power, minimizing the time spent on this work. They are ideal for larger surfaces, between 400 and 1200 m2. In addition, the cutting width ranges from 40 to 57 cm.
HOW TO USE THE WALK BEHIND LAWN MOWER ATTACHMENTS CORRECTLY?
- The first thing we must do, and although it seems obvious it is not always done, is to carefully read the instructions to know the operation and possibilities of your machine. It is important that you know what types of walk behind lawn mower attachments – materials you can cut safely, and which can jam the blades creating a hazard for you.
- Before each use make sure there are no loose parts in the machine. Also, do not forget to remove any forgotten objects that could block the mower such as balls or toys from the lawn.
- Do not run the mower indoors, always in open spaces where carbon dioxide cannot accumulate.
- While it is in operation it is very important to have any part of our body and our clothes as far away as possible from the machine. Never mow barefoot. Wearing the appropriate clothing and footwear, including protective glasses, will reduce the chances of an accident.
- Lawn mowers are devices that cut, as the name suggests, so we must never neglect it while it is on.
- In case of clogging with a stone, disconnect it before inspecting it.
- Make sure there are no children or animals near the machine while it is in operation.
- If the mower runs on gasoline, fill it outdoors and away from potential sources of ignition.
- If, on the other hand, you have an electric mower, never rush to cut the lawn when the grass is still wet. In addition, you must make sure that you have an extension cable in perfect condition and that you have the power regime required by the mower. To avoid damaging the extension cord too easily, start cutting the grass in the area.
- Keep the mower in perfect condition and with sharp blades.
GENERAL LAWN CARE
Having a beautiful lawn depends on a few factors to consider. Here are tricks to keep the grass always looking green in your garden:
- At each cut, you should not mow more than one-third of the blade of grass. This helps to develop a deeper root system, which favors the absorption of water and nutrients, especially in summer.
- Always keep blades sharp. The blunt blades tear the end of the grass blades, making it easier for disease to enter.
- Always try to water first thing in the morning. Water droplets left on leaves overnight can harbor harmful lawn diseases.
- Keep your lawn well balanced. To have a healthier and greener lawn, the first step is to analyze it. Know the PH and the nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium content of your garden.
- Compost piles are the easiest way to recycle your garden waste. To form compost, it is only necessary to drive four 1.5 m long wooden or metal stakes into the ground 30 cm, forming a square. Next, cover three of its sides with chicken wire mesh.